Kathy MacAndrew Wallace
At the AGM it was announced that we are setting up a committee to look at the whole area of membership. Some of the issues we hope will be discussed include:
- Is it time to change the two-tier membership set-up
- Should we change the membership fee?
- Do we need/want an annual fee rather than a one-off fee?
- Should membership be mandatory in order to shop at the co-op?
- Anything else relevant to membership of the co-op
This committee will be chaired by Sheila Cahill, a long-time member and trained facilitator. There will be 1 or 2 board members on this committee, but the Board would like to see the committee primarily made up of members - both community and co-operative.
The committee will begin meeting in mid-January and will have a set time-frame to draw up conclusions and present to the Board - preferably before Easter.
Please email the membership secretary or contact us in the shop if you wish to join this committee.