- 6 large kale leaves (stalks removed & washed)
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 punnet of red seedless grapes (washed)
- A pinch of freshly (or pre-) ground ginger
- Chop or rip up the kale leaves.
- Break up the bananas into smaller pieces.
- Throw the kale, banana pieces and grapes into a blender and add the orange juice and ginger. Blend until all the ingredients are well mixed; about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in a glass, with ice if preferred, or chop a strawberry a sprinkle on top.
Kale is very high in vitamins A, K & C and is rich in calcium. It can help lower cholesterol and contains chemicals that help to boost cell repairs and block cancer cell growth. Kale is an excellent source of manganese.